Venue: Council Chamber - Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Debra Marlow tel: 01708 433091 e-mail: email@example.com
Disclosures of Interest
Members are invited to disclose any interests in any of the items on the agenda at this point of the meeting. Members may still disclose an interest in an item at any time prior to the consideration of the matter.
See also agenda item 11 for exempt documents in relation to this issue.
1. Agreed to endorse and recommend the inclusion of a budget of £121.6m equity for the 12 Sites and Chippenham Road scheme together with a budget of £76.4m (including £19.6m land assembly costs for Napier New Plymouth Blue Line) for potential land acquisition/CPO costs within the proposed HRA capital programme that will be considered by Cabinet in February 2020 in the annual rent setting and capital programme report and that this is recommended to Council for final approval in February 2020.
2. Approved the Havering and Wates Regeneration Joint Venture Business Plan dated January 2020, as at Appendix 2 of the report.
3. Agreed to forward fund phase 1 of the 12 Site Programme up to £45.4 million for the development of Napier and New Plymouth (£14.9 million), Solar, Serena and Sunrise Courts (£15.9 million) and the Waterloo Estate (£14.6 million and authorise the Director of Regeneration to enter into the necessary forward funding agreements.
4. Authorised the Director of Regeneration to consider the appropriation of land at the appropriate time in work package one from the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) to the General Fund, for planning purposes and to consider the appropriation of land at the appropriate time in work package one back to the HRA .
5. Authorised the Director of Regeneration to enter into the build licence or build lease (as is appropriate) for sites within work package one of the 12 site regeneration programme, once the Council has met the Conditions Precedent for individual sites.
6. Approved the budget of up to £8million for the demolition of the Waterloo Estate and Agree for the Director of Regeneration in consultation with the Director of Legal and Governance to enter into contract with the Havering and Wates JVLLP to carry out the demolition of the Waterloo Estate, subject to approval of the demolition application.
7. Approved the removal of the Delta Estate from the 12 site regeneration programme.
8. Authorised the Director of Regeneration to enter into variations of any of the existing joint venture documentation which is required to implement any of the recommendations contained in this report.
9. Authorised the Director of Regeneration to make all further changes to the documentation that the Director considers necessary or in his opinion appropriate from time to time
10. Recommendation 10 was included in the Exempt Report and was agreed by Cabinet.
1. Approved the Housing Revenue Account Budget as detailed in paragraph 3.6. of the report.
2. Agreed that the rents chargeable for tenants in general needs Council properties owned by the London Borough of Havering be increased by 2.7% from the week commencing 6th April 2020.
3. Agreed that the rents chargeable for tenants in supported housing Council properties, such as sheltered housing and hostels, owned by the London Borough of Havering, are increased by 2.7% from the week commencing 6th April 2020
4. Agreed the four rent-free weeks for 2020/21 as being: week commencing 19th August 2020, the two weeks commencing 14th and 21st December 2020, and the week commencing 29th March 2021.
5. Agreed that service charges and heating and hot water charges for 2020/21 are as detailed in paragraph 2.4.2 of the report.
6. Agreed that the service charges for homeless households accommodated in the Council’s hostels in 2020/21 are as detailed in paragraph 2.6.1 of the report.
7. Agreed that charges for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) leased and managed by the Council (General Fund) are set at the LHA Single Room Rate Applicable on the 6th April 2020. See para 2.3.2. of the report.
8. Agreed that charges for garages should be increased by 2.7% in 2020/21 as detailed in paragraph 2.2.1 of the report.
9. Agreed that the service charge for the provision of intensive housing managementsupport in sheltered housing for 2020/21 shall be as detailed in paragraph 2.5.1 of the report.
10. Agreed that the Careline support charge should be increased by 2.7% for 2020/21 as detailed in paragraph 2.5.4 of the report.
12. Agreed that the Telecare support charges should be increased by 2.7% for 2020/21 as detailed in paragraph 2.5.4 of the report.
13. Approved the HRA Major Works Capital Programme, detailed in Appendix 1a of the report and will refer it to full Council for final ratification.
14. Approved the HRA Capital expenditure and financing for the 12 Sites Joint Venture and other acquisition and regeneration opportunities detailed in paragraphs 3.5.1 to 3.5.21 and Appendix 1b of the report and will refer it to full Council for final ratification.
1. Will Recommend to Council for consideration and approval the 2020/21 and ongoing Capital Programme (subject to business cases for the regeneration schemes being approved in line with the governance process)
2. Agreed that the Chief Financial Officer be authorised to allocate funding from the Capital Contingency included within the draft Capital Programme.
3. Agreed that externally funded schemes can be added to the capital programme up to £500k as and when funding is confirmed. Any external funding over £500k will be subject to approval by the Chief Financial Officer.
4. Agreed that the relevant Cabinet Member, together with the Cabinet Member for Finance and Property be delegated authority to commence tender processes and accept tenders for capital schemes included within the approved programme under the block programme allocations or delegation arrangements set out in this report.
5. Approved the capital strategy contained within this report noting its impact on both the capital programme and overall contribution to the setting of the revenue budget for 2020/21 and beyond
6. Noted the capital prudential indicators included within the capital strategy when approving the capital programme to ensure affordability.
Report to follow due to late receipt of figures from an external body.
1. Agreed the Council’s General Fund Budget Requirement for 2020/21 to be set at £130.104m as set out in paragraph 5.3.2 and Appendix E of the report;
2. Agreed the Delegated Schools’ draft budget set out in section 2.3 of the report;
3. Agreed a 1.95% increase in Council Tax for 2020/21 as set out in paragraph 5.1 of the report;
4. Agreed an additional 2% Adult Social Care Precept as in paragraph 5.1of the report;
5. Noted the Medium Term Financial Strategy position as set out in Section 4
6. Agreed the fees and charges schedule as set out in Section 6 and Appendix F
7. Noted the budget and risks as set out in Section 9
8. Approved the Council’s approach to general balances as set out in paragraph 7.3
9. Noted the requirements of S106 of the LGA 1992 Act as set out in Section 1
10.Agreed that if there are any changes to the GLA precept and/or levies, the Chief Financial Officer be authorised to amend the recommended resolutions accordingly and report these to the next Council meeting as required.
11.Agreed that to facilitate the usage of un-ringfenced resources, the Chief Financial Officer in consultation with Service Directors will review any such new funds allocated to Havering; make proposals for their use; and obtain approval by the Leader and the Cabinet Member for Finance and Property.
12.Delegated to the Chief Financial Officer in consultation with Service Directors the authority to make any necessary changes to service and the associated budgets relating to any subsequent specific grant funding announcements, where delays may otherwise adversely impact on service delivery and/or budgetary control, subject to consultation with Cabinet Members as appropriate.
13.Delegated authority to the Cabinet Member for Adult Social Services and Health and the Leader to approve an annual spend plan for the Public Health grant.
14.Delegated to the Directors of Children’s and Adults authority to agree inflation rates with social care providers for 2020/21.
15.Read the Equalities Impact Assessment in respect of the CTS Scheme as set out in Appendix J to the report.
16.Read the draft summary version of the Council Tax Support Scheme for 2020 as set out in Appendix K to the report.
Will recommend to Council for consideration and approval:
17. The Council’s General Fund Budget Requirement for 2020/21 to be set at £130.104m as set out in paragraph 5.3.2 and Appendix E of the report;
18. The Delegated Schools’ draft budget set out in section 2.3 of the report;
19. A 1.95% increase in Council Tax for 2020/21 as set out in paragraph 5.1;
20. An additional 2% Adult Social Care Precept as in paragraph 5.1;
21. That it pass a resolution as set out in section 11 of this report to enable Council Tax discounts to be given at the 2019/20 level.
22. Agree that Havering joins the 67% London Business Rate Pool for 2020/21 and agrees the Memorandum of ... view the full decision text for item 8.
EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To consider whether the press and public should now be excluded from the remainder of the meeting on the grounds that it is likely that, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, if members of the press and public were present during those items there would be disclosure to them of exempt information within the meaning of paragraphs 1 or 3 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972; and, if it is decided to exclude the public on those grounds, the Committee to resolve accordingly on the motion of the Chairman.
Cabinet did not go into closed session.
Havering and Wates Regeneration LLP Business Plan and Budget 2020-2021
Public report at agenda item 4. Exempt report to follow.