Report to follow due to late receipt of figures from an external body.
1. Agreed the Council’s General Fund Budget Requirement for 2020/21 to be set at £130.104m as set out in paragraph 5.3.2 and Appendix E of the report;
2. Agreed the Delegated Schools’ draft budget set out in section 2.3 of the report;
3. Agreed a 1.95% increase in Council Tax for 2020/21 as set out in paragraph 5.1 of the report;
4. Agreed an additional 2% Adult Social Care Precept as in paragraph 5.1of the report;
5. Noted the Medium Term Financial Strategy position as set out in Section 4
6. Agreed the fees and charges schedule as set out in Section 6 and Appendix F
7. Noted the budget and risks as set out in Section 9
8. Approved the Council’s approach to general balances as set out in paragraph 7.3
9. Noted the requirements of S106 of the LGA 1992 Act as set out in Section 1
10.Agreed that if there are any changes to the GLA precept and/or levies, the Chief Financial Officer be authorised to amend the recommended resolutions accordingly and report these to the next Council meeting as required.
11.Agreed that to facilitate the usage of un-ringfenced resources, the Chief Financial Officer in consultation with Service Directors will review any such new funds allocated to Havering; make proposals for their use; and obtain approval by the Leader and the Cabinet Member for Finance and Property.
12.Delegated to the Chief Financial Officer in consultation with Service Directors the authority to make any necessary changes to service and the associated budgets relating to any subsequent specific grant funding announcements, where delays may otherwise adversely impact on service delivery and/or budgetary control, subject to consultation with Cabinet Members as appropriate.
13.Delegated authority to the Cabinet Member for Adult Social Services and Health and the Leader to approve an annual spend plan for the Public Health grant.
14.Delegated to the Directors of Children’s and Adults authority to agree inflation rates with social care providers for 2020/21.
15.Read the Equalities Impact Assessment in respect of the CTS Scheme as set out in Appendix J to the report.
16.Read the draft summary version of the Council Tax Support Scheme for 2020 as set out in Appendix K to the report.
Will recommend to Council for consideration and approval:
17. The Council’s General Fund Budget Requirement for 2020/21 to be set at £130.104m as set out in paragraph 5.3.2 and Appendix E of the report;
18. The Delegated Schools’ draft budget set out in section 2.3 of the report;
19. A 1.95% increase in Council Tax for 2020/21 as set out in paragraph 5.1;
20. An additional 2% Adult Social Care Precept as in paragraph 5.1;
21. That it pass a resolution as set out in section 11 of this report to enable Council Tax discounts to be given at the 2019/20 level.
22. Agree that Havering joins the 67% London Business Rate Pool for 2020/21 and agrees the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) as set out in paragraph 3.3.5 and Appendix L despite it representing a reduction in revenue of £1.5m compared to the previous 75% pool.
23. Recommend to Full Council that the Council Tax Support Scheme 2019/20 is adopted for 2020/21 as set out in Section 12 of this report
24. Recommend to Full Council that the financial procedures for virements are updated as set out in paragraph 7.4 and Appendix M