Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet will be asked to approve the 2020/21 HRA Budget and associated rent levels and charges and recommend the decision to Full Council.
1. Approved the Housing Revenue Account Budget as detailed in paragraph 3.6. of the report.
2. Agreed that the rents chargeable for tenants in general needs Council properties owned by the London Borough of Havering be increased by 2.7% from the week commencing 6th April 2020.
3. Agreed that the rents chargeable for tenants in supported housing Council properties, such as sheltered housing and hostels, owned by the London Borough of Havering, are increased by 2.7% from the week commencing 6th April 2020
4. Agreed the four rent-free weeks for 2020/21 as being: week commencing 19th August 2020, the two weeks commencing 14th and 21st December 2020, and the week commencing 29th March 2021.
5. Agreed that service charges and heating and hot water charges for 2020/21 are as detailed in paragraph 2.4.2 of the report.
6. Agreed that the service charges for homeless households accommodated in the Council’s hostels in 2020/21 are as detailed in paragraph 2.6.1 of the report.
7. Agreed that charges for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) leased and managed by the Council (General Fund) are set at the LHA Single Room Rate Applicable on the 6th April 2020. See para 2.3.2. of the report.
8. Agreed that charges for garages should be increased by 2.7% in 2020/21 as detailed in paragraph 2.2.1 of the report.
9. Agreed that the service charge for the provision of intensive housing managementsupport in sheltered housing for 2020/21 shall be as detailed in paragraph 2.5.1 of the report.
10. Agreed that the Careline support charge should be increased by 2.7% for 2020/21 as detailed in paragraph 2.5.4 of the report.
12. Agreed that the Telecare support charges should be increased by 2.7% for 2020/21 as detailed in paragraph 2.5.4 of the report.
13. Approved the HRA Major Works Capital Programme, detailed in Appendix 1a of the report and will refer it to full Council for final ratification.
14. Approved the HRA Capital expenditure and financing for the 12 Sites Joint Venture and other acquisition and regeneration opportunities detailed in paragraphs 3.5.1 to 3.5.21 and Appendix 1b of the report and will refer it to full Council for final ratification.
Report author: Rita Bacheta
Publication date: 13/02/2020
Date of decision: 12/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 12/02/2020 - Cabinet