This decision asks that the Leader of the Council:
1. Approve the estimated increase in the total scheme budget from £12,840,000 to £15,043,000, noting that this is to be funded as set out in Exempt Appendix 1.
2. Approve the Council’s acceptance of £5M TFL Grant Funding for the Beam
Parkway Scheme and the terms and conditions therein (as set out at Exempt
3. Delegate authority to the Director of Regeneration Programme Delivery, in
consultation with the Section 151 Officer and Monitoring Officer, to sign the TfL Grant Funding Agreement.
4. Note that the Stage 2 construction contract will be let by the Director of
Regeneration Delivery under Delegated Authority as previously approved by
Cabinet on 13.11.19.
5. Authorise the Director of Regeneration Programme Delivery, acting in
consultation with the Section 151 Officer and the Monitoring Officer, to enter
into all necessary legal agreements to bring into effect the proposed
recommendations in this report and to implement the Beam Parkway Scheme.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure > £500,000;
Decision status: For Determination
Notice of proposed decision first published: 03/09/2021
This decision will be taken under urgency procedures.
Reason for urgency:
This matter is being added to the Forward Plan by way of General Exception as the public will only have 27 days notice rather than 28 days. This is due to the fact that it is important the Council has access to the grant funding which will be in the best interests of the Council and it's residents.
Anticipated restriction: Part exempt - View reasons
Explanation of anticipated restriction:
The report will contain commercially sensitive information .
Department: Regeneration, Policy & Planning
Contact: Paul Walker, Assistant Director of Development Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact the report author for more information in relation to this matter. Paul Walker, email@example.com
All relevant Members, officers and business partners will be consulted together with TfL colleagues.