1. Endorsed the vision as set out in section 2 of this report to bring forward the North West Romford Development Proposal (NWRDP) as a residential led comprehensive development.
2. Approved the Council entering into consultation with land owners, stakeholders and other third parties to identify the detail of the development area and design principles that will underpin the objectives upon which the scheme will be brought forward.
3. Approved the Council entering into direct negotiations with land owners and holders of third party interests located within the area proposed for development, subject to future budget decisions being made by full Council through the Council’s Budget and Capital Programme process.
4. Approved, subject to agreement of budget provisions via the Budget and Capital Programme process, the Director of Regeneration, after consultation with the Leader of the Council and Deputy Director Legal and Governance, being authorised:
a. To enter into and complete private treaty arrangements to enable the acquisition of land, interest and rights within (or directly related to) the Red Line Plan area (as attached to this report at Appendix 1);
b. To appoint surveyors, barristers and any other professionals required to promote land acquisition and to facilitate the vacant possession of interests located within the Red Line Plan;
c. To settle the final form and content associated documentation required to bring forward the scheme to include indicative;
· Red Line Plan;
· Draft Schedule Freehold and Leasehold Interests;
· Draft Statement of Reasons
· Draft Equalities Impact Assessment
· Consultation Report
· Viability report
d. To take such actions so as to facilitate the acquisition of properties and proprietary interests within the Red Line Plan by agreement, such actions to include the relocation of businesses, residents, and statutory undertakers apparatus or of Communication Code Operators, together with any other interests;
e. To take all reasonable necessary steps to identify land which cannot be acquired by negotiation and appoint the relevant advisors in order to assess the use of CPO powers; and
f. To negotiate and finalise suitable arrangement to finance and deliver the Council’s vision for the North West Romford Development Proposal (NWRDP) with the experienced developer who has approached the Council and expressed its intention to bring forward the development (based on the outline terms described in Appendix 2, but as may be further developed or revised, and subject to further necessary approvals prior to signing).
g. To review, as proposals develop, other opportunities that may become apparent should adjoining owners identify redevelopment aspirations and bring further reports back to Cabinet to seek further approvals as required.