Venue: Council Chamber, Town Hall, Main Road, Romford RM1 3BD
Contact: Taiwo Adeoye - 01708 433079 Email: email@example.com
DISCLOSURE OF INTERESTS
Members are invited to disclose any interest in any of the items on the agenda at this point in the meeting.
Members may still disclose any interest in an item at any time prior to the consideration of the matter.
There were no disclosures of interest.
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held 21 July 2022 and to authorise the Chairman to sign them.
The minutes of the meeting held on 21 July 2022 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
The Committee received a developer presentation for the development of the Land at Courier Road Rainham.
The proposal was for the development of the site for commercial development comprising five industrial/storage buildings varying in size. Some of the buildings will be subdivided to provide smaller units with the range of sizes intended to be between 160 sq m (including flexible workspace) to 8820 sq m.
The intended uses for the units would be storage and distribution (Class B8), light industry (Class E(g)(iii)) and general industrial (Class B2). The larger units would have ancillary office space provided to the front.
A new vehicular access to the site would be formed from Courier Road, south of the Marsh Way junction.
The level of parking is to be confirmed, but each building would have its’s own parking and loading areas. Details of cycle parking provision are to be confirmed.
The perimeter of the site would be landscaped.
The building would be finished in grey cladding with glazed frontages for the offices adding interest.
Members raised the following issues:
· Wish to ensure the landscaping and maintenance of the open spaces
· Heritage of the area to be referenced on site
· What facilities and opportunities would be available for workers including welfare and catering for businesses on the site
· Expectation of a Travel Plan
· Consultation with London Borough of Barking & Dagenham
· Consider connectivity to Beam Park Station
· Consideration of traffic flow (A13/A1306) including Marsh Way junction
· Explanation on sustainability of net zero during construction
· Engaging with local art groups
· Sustainability on Solar (PV Panel)
· Explanation of traffic model for each unit
· Explanation of turning space for larger vehicle on the site
· Consideration of affordability policy of work space
· Construction traffic and impact and facilities for workers
The Committee considered the reporting of performance to the Planning Committees and RESOLVED to note the contents of the report.
Members were directed to forward any follow-up enquiry to the Head of Strategic Development.