Venue: VIRTUAL MEETING
Contact: Taiwo Adeoye - 01708433079 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This application for a premises licenceis made by Dareus Deals Ltd under section 17 of the Licensing Act 2003.
Licensing Act 2003
Notice of Decision
6 Pretoria Road
1. Details of requested licensable activities
The application for a premises licencewas made by Dareus Deals Ltd under section 17 of the Licensing Act 2003. The application was received by Havering’s Licensing Authority on 11 January 2021.
The application is to permit the following licensable activity:
Comments and observations on the application
The application contains the following clarifying details:
· Alcohol sales and orders will be conducted on-line.
· A small amount of products may be held at this property as most fulfilment of orders will be handled by other distribution partners and Amazon.
· Amazon requires all companies selling products through their online services to have their own premises licence. This is an application primarily to enable that relationship.
· Sales online may occur 24 hours each day, but fulfilment of orders will occur only between 0700 – 2300hrs on any day.
· No public callers will attend the premises.
Comments on the application
In response to contact from the Licensing Authority the applicant reduced the terminal hours for the two non-standard timings to the hours detailed below.
· the application has been amended to reduce the hours of operation from 0700 – 2300hrs to 0700 – 1700hrseach day and to add these extra conditions:
· No deliveries shall be despatched direct from the licensed premises.
· All orders for alcohol held at the licensed premises shall be taken from the licensed premises by the licence holder to be despatched from a Post Office or other courier service despatch point or via UPS collection to AMAZON.
· No individual(s) will visit the licensed premises address to purchase any alcohol.
· No courier services shall be permitted to collect alcohol from the address for direct delivery to a customer.
2. Promotion of the Licensing Objectives
The Licensing Sub-Committee must promote the licensing objectives and must have regard to the Secretary of State’s National Guidance created under Section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003 and the Council’s own Statement of Licensing Policy.
The applicant acted in accordance with regulations governing the advertising of the application.
3. Details of Representations
There were no representations opposing the application from responsible authorities.
There were eighteen representations against this application from nearby residents. Eleven of the eighteen representations against the application, made by nearby residents had withdrawn their representations following discussions with the applicant’s agent.
The remaining seven representations against the application were considered at the hearing which included two residents who attended the hearing to make oral representations.
The applicant was present for the hearing along with a Licensing Consultant who made submissions in support of the application.
4. Determination of Application
The Sub-Committee considered the application for a premises licence for Darius Deals ltd situated at 6 Pretoria Road Romford RM7 7AS.
The Sub-Committee must promote the licensing objectives and must have regard to the Secretary of State’s National Guidance created under ... view the full decision text for item 6.