Venue: Council Chamber - Town Hall
Contact: Debra Marlow tel: 01708 433091 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosures of Interest
Members are invited to disclose any interests in any of the items on the agenda at this point of the meeting. Members may still disclose an interest in an item at any time prior to the consideration of the matter.
1. Noted the content of the Inspector’s Report into the soundness of the Havering Local Plan (refer to annex 1)
2. Endorsed and make the following recommendations to full Council:
That full Council:
(i) Agree to adopt the Local Plan 2016-2031 including:
a. the main modifications to the Submission Local Plan that are set out in the appendix to the Inspector’s report (refer to annex 2)
b. The minor modifications as set out in annex 3.
(ii) Agree to revoke the Council’s current adopted Core Strategy and Development Control Policies Development Plan Document 2008 and the Romford Area Action Plan 2008 (excluding Site Specific Allocations) from the 29th December 2021 (following the statutory six week legal challenge period from Local Plan adoption).
3. Authorised the Assistant Director of Planning to prepare and publish an Adoption Statement and Sustainability Appraisal Report in accordance with S26 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.
4. Authorised the Assistant Director of Planning to make typographical amendments to the plan prior to its publication to improve cross-referencing (e.g. paragraph numbering, page re-numbering) and typographical errors.
5. Authorised the Assistant Director of Planning to prepare and publish an updated Policies Map, reflecting the proposed changes previously consulted on.
6. Revoked the following Supplementary Planning Documents:
i. Sustainable Design and Construction 2009
ii. Shopfront Design 2013
iii. Residential Design 2010
iv. Protection of Trees During Development 2009
v. Protecting and Enhancing the Boroughs Biodiversity 2009
vi. Landscaping 2011
vii. Designing Safer Places 2010
7. Approved the publication of an updated Local Development Scheme (as set out in Annex 4)
8. Approved the publication of an updated Statement of Community Involvement (as set out in Annex 5).
9. Agreed that an All member Briefing would be organised
1. Noted the work already being undertaken to address Climate Change both within the Council and the local community
2. Approved the establishment of two permanent posts to support the ongoing work of the Climate Change Action Plan
3. Committed to Havering Council being an organisation becoming carbon neutral by 2040 or sooner
4. Agreed that Cabinet receive a report every six months setting out the progress of the implementation and the impact of the Havering Climate Change Action Plan
5. Approved the themed action plans set out in Appendix A
6. Agreed that officers publish emissions data for both the Council as an organisation and for the borough on an annual basis
7. Agreed that officers design a carbon zero route map for the Council as an organisation
8. Agreed that officers develop a branding for the Climate Change Action Plan and incorporate this in a Communications Plan for the wider community
9. Agreed to adopt the principles of the Amazon Climate Pledge.
A. Regular reporting - Measure and report greenhouse gas emissions on a regular basis
B. Carbon elimination - Implement decarbonisation strategies in line with the Paris Agreement through real business changes and innovations, including efficiency improvements, renewable energy, materials reductions, and other carbon emission elimination strategies
C. Credible offsets - Neutralise any remaining emissions with additional, quantifiable, real, permanent, and socially-beneficial offsets to achieve net-zero annual carbon emissions by 2040
10. To recommend to Full Council that it endorses the content of the report and associated action plans.
1. Agreed to the introduction of a new all-day visitor permit, at the cost of £39 for 10 visits, for use in controlled parking zone ROST which covers the following roads in Romford Town Ward:
· Cotleigh Road
· Honiton Road
· Stockland Road
· St Andrews Road – Upon completion of redevelopment
· Queens Street - Upon completion of redevelopment
· Waterloo Gardens - Upon completion of redevelopment
· Albion Close - Upon completion of redevelopment
The action plan sets out a high level “what needs to be done”, and the timescales to achieve this.
· Agreed the high level action plan in Appendix B
· Agreed the LGA’s READI report is published in its entirety
· Will review progress against the action plan on a six monthly basis
· Agreed this report goes to Full Council for their endorsement
· Urged all Members to support the READI Programme
· Will request the Overview and Scrutiny Board to consider progress against the action plan on a six month basis in line with the Scrutiny function
· Agreed this review and subsequent programme, informs the borough-“Phase two”, Borough wide READI review planning.