Venue: Town Hall, Main Road, Romford
Contact: Taiwo Adeoye - 01708 433079 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLOSURE OF INTERESTS
Members may still disclose any interest in an item at any time prior to the consideration of the matter.
There were no disclosures of interest.
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 8 February 2022, and to authorise the Chairman to sign them.
The minutes of the meeting held on 8 February 2022 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
The report before the Committee detailed the council’s proposal to provide electric vehicle charge points in its car parks for residents and visitors. It was noted that the government have offered grants to Councils under its On Street Residential Scheme (ORCS). A funding offer was made recently by the Government body the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles to the Council, and was accepted.
As part of the process, a statutory consultation on the installations will be required.
The Committee considered the report and RESOLVED to recommend to the Cabinet Member for Environment in consultation with the Leader of the Council to:
· The proposals to install 68 Electric Vehicle Charging Points across the following 12 parking locations:
· Proceed to formal advertisement and consultation.
· If at the close of the formal consultation period, no objections are received to the proposals, considered on a site by site basis, then those sites proceed to full implementation. In the case of any site receiving objections an objection report, for those sites, will be submitted seeking an approved way forward.
· In locations where no objections are received officers progress with the implementation of the works and amendments to the traffic orders accordingly.
· Members noted that the scheme would be funded through the Office of Zero Emissions Vehicles (OZEV) who were funding 75% of the total cost (£176,000) with the remaining 25% (£59,000) being funded through the appointed Charge Point Operator.