Venue: Town Hall, Main Road, Romford
Contact: Taiwo Adeoye - 01708 433079 Email: email@example.com
DISCLOSURE OF INTERESTS
Members may still disclose any interest in an item at any time prior to the consideration of the matter.
There were no disclosures of interest.
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 16 November 2021, and to authorise the Chairman to sign them.
The minutes of the meeting held on 16 November 2021 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
The report before the Committee asked to consider and recommend approval to convert the scheme from experimental to permanent.
Councillor Judith Holt addressed the Committee on aspect of the scheme.
The Committee considered a motion to defer the scheme for further clarification.
Members RESOLVED to DEFER consideration of the item for officer to return with a fresh report.
The motion to defer was carried by 5 votes to one abstention.
The report before the Committee detailed proposal to formally advertise paid for parking bays using either ‘Pay & Display’ or ‘Pay by Phone’.
The Committee considered the report and RESOLVED to recommend to the Cabinet Member for Environment in consultation with the Leader of the Council that the parking restrictions as detailed in the report and shown on the drawing No. SCH1061 proceed to formal consultation as follows:
1. The proposals to convert part of the existing ‘At Any Time’ Waiting Restrictions into Pay and Display or Pay by Phone/Cashless parking bays operational from Monday to Saturday between 8.30am to 6.30pm (2 hours maximum stay – Tariff C).
2. If at the close of consultation, no objections are received to the proposals outlined, the scheme proceeds to full implementation.
3. That the estimated cost of the scheme as set out in the report was £0.005m/£0.0005m depending on the agreed option, which would be met by the Schemes Revenue budget (A26910).
The Committee considered a report that sought its approval on Moving Traffic Contravention.
The Committee following a debate RESOLVED to recommend to the Cabinet Member for Public Realm in consultation with the Leader of the Council that:
1. the 3 existing closed circuit television (cctv) enforcement cameras at the locations outlined in the report be relocated to 3 recommended locations to be agreed as detailed in Appendix A.
i. URN102 Birkbeck Road Romford.
ii. URN107 Dagenham Road Norwood Avenue.
iii. URN112 Mildmay Road Palm Road
2. the 13 new sites be brought forward for enforcement of existing restrictions by closed circuit television cameras as detailed on the plans in Appendix B
3. It be noted that a further 6 sites originally considered for enforcement by CCTV would not be brought forward as they failed to meet the criteria for operation as set out in the report.
4. The Committee noted that:
a) the estimated cost of the trial scheme implementations was £0.309m.
b) that these types of measures were implemented for enforcement of existing restrictions only; and are expected to have no appreciable bearing on existing traffic flows; which are unlikely to increase as a result of the process;
c) that enforcement by the Council would only apply to Borough roads and not to roads on the Transport for London Road Network (TLRN), which are enforced by Transport for London (TfL).
The report before the Committee sought recommendations to formally consult on implementing schools streets using the experimental traffic order process.
The Committee considered the report and following a debate RESOLVED to recommend to the Cabinet Member for Public Realm in consultation with the Leader of the Council to authorise the initiation of experimental traffic scheme(s) under section 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 in roads in the vicinity of the following school sites and as detailed on the plans in Appendix A:
a) Due to their locality Drapers Academy, Drapers Maylands, Lime Academy Forest Approach were consulted as part of one scheme and the proposed hours of operation are 8am to 9am and 2.30 to 3.30pm.
b) Drapers Pyrgo Priory hours of operation 8am to 9am and 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
c) Emerson Park Academy proposed hours of operation 8.20am to 9.15am and 3.00pm to 3.30pm.
d) Parsonage Farm Primary proposed hours of operation 8.30am to 9.15am and 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
e) James Oglethorpe Primary school proposed hours of operation 8am to 9am and 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
f) RJ Mitchell Primary school proposed hours of operation 8.20am to 9.05am and 2.30pm to 3.25pm.
g) Redden Court proposed hours of operation 8.15am to 9.00am and 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
h) Harold Wood Primary school proposed hours of operation 8.15am to 9.00am and 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
It was noted that the estimated costs of the scheme was £0.0700m which would be met from Environment Moving Traffic Contravention Capital budget C38000.