The Committee received a developer presentation for the redevelopment of Abercrombie House from Nick Gaskell - Hawkins Brown; Paula Friar – Hawkins Brown; Veronika Lebedeva – LB Havering Regeneration; Katri Wilson – LB Havering Assistant Director, Supported Housing; Jacqui Fogarty – Partner, Calfordseaden and Laurence Brooker – Turley.
Members raised the following issues:
· There was concern that the playspace is not sufficient and further details should be provided
· Concern over the security of children in the accommodation – this should be addressed in the application
· Concern that temporary should not mean inferior in terms of the standard of accommodation
· Assurance is needed as the adequacy of the unit and room sizes
· There is a need to ensure that there are adequate facilities for laundry including equipment and space for ironing of clothes
· Need to ensure adequate facilities and space for cooking and dining
· Request confirmation on average length of stay for residents
· Ensure that all the QRP comments are picked up and addressed
· The relationship between the medical centre and the courtyard needs more consideration. Need further information as to whether the medical facilities and the hostel use, particularly the courtyard can work next to one another.
· More information is required as to the nature of the medical centre, what functions it would have and who it would serve
· Should try not to rely on off-site provision for play space
· Would wish to ensure adequate provision of CCTV monitoring of the premises including the play areas
· Would wish to see improvements to the access and carriageway surrounding the site