To consider a report of the Chief Executive regarding appointing the Committees of the Council sand the Scheme of Delegation (attached).
Report AGREED without division.
A report of the Chief Executive asked Council to agree and the Council’s Committee Structure as well as agree the section of the Scheme of Delegation which was within the remit of full Council.
The report was AGREED without division and it was RESOLVED:
(1) That, so far as necessary to enable any changes proposed and agreed during this meeting to be carried in to effect, Council Procedure Rule 20.2 (proposals to amend the Constitution to be referred to Governance Committee without discussion) be suspended.
(2) That, subject to the Council’s consideration of any motion or amendment to this report relating to changes in the Committee structure, the Committees listed in Appendix 1 of the report be appointed for the 2020/21 Municipal Year and that:
(a) As required by statute, two voting co-optees representing the Church of England and the Roman Catholic Church and three parent governor co-optees selected in accordance with the appropriate Regulations, be appointed to the Children & Learning Services Overview and Scrutiny Sub-Committee.
(b) The other non-elected member “appointments” and invitations to attend shown in the Appendix (and particularly its annexes) be confirmed.
(3) Those Committees be appointed with:
(a) the membership sizes and
(b) the political balance
indicated in Appendix 2 of the report
(4) That the delegation of non-executive functions (as defined by the Local Authorities (Functions and Responsibilities) (England) Regulations 2000 (amended) to officers be agreed as set out in the Council’s Constitution.
(5) To agree that all officers with delegated powers have power to further delegate those powers to other officers under s.101 of the Local Government Act 1972 or as provided for by any other legislation and may agree a scheme of delegation to officers for their service areas.