Report and appendix attached.
Exempt report not available to press or public.
1. Approved in principle support for use of compulsory purchase powers and therefore to the Council preparing over the next six months for the making Compulsory Purchase Order(s) (CPO(s)) pursuant to the statutory powers contained in section 226(1)(a) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended), and section 13 of the Local Government (Misc. Provisions) Act 1976 and all other necessary action to acquire all property and other proprietary interests on and adjacent to the land, including where appropriate new rights, located within the outline on the indicative CPO Red Line Plan at Appendix 1, for the purpose of securing the regeneration of the North West Romford Development Proposal in accordance with existing submitted and emerging planning policy.
2. Approved that by no later than the period outlined in recommendation one a separate report be prepared to update Cabinet on either
a. the ongoing preparations for making of a CPO(s) and further timescales involved; or
b. recommendations for the making of a CPO in support of the delivery of the proposed development.
a. Appointing surveyors, barristers and any other professionals required to prepare for and subsequently promote the CPO(s) and to facilitate the vacant possession of interests which are located within the CPO Red Line Plan;
b. Settling the final form and content of the proposed CPO(s) and associated documentation for approval, to include the;
· CPO Red Line Plan;
· Compulsory Purchase Order;
· Schedule Freehold and Leasehold Interests
· Statement of Reasons
· Equalities Impact Assessment
· Consultation Report
c. Taking such actions as necessary to facilitate the North West Romford Development Proposal by acquiring properties and proprietary interests by agreement, such actions to include; the relocation of businesses, residents and statutory undertakers apparatus or Communication Code Operators; and any other interests and setting out the terms for the withdrawal of potential or actual objections to the CPO(s); the entry onto the Land and other land for the purpose of carrying out surveys pursuant to section 15 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 ;
d. Amend the number of properties and leasehold acquisitions with the CPO Red Line Plan at Appendix 1, should such amendment be required to deliver the overall North West Romford Development Proposal;
e. Issue notices under section 16 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 and/or section 5A of the Acquisition of Land Act 1981; and
f. Consider alternatives to the use of compulsory purchase powers.
4. Noted that before a compulsory purchase order is made a further detailed report will be drafted seeking authority for the making of an Order (or Orders) and that such a report will need to address a number of issues including:
a. That the compulsory acquisition is necessary to facilitate the carrying out of development, ... view the full decision text for item 99
Cabinet noted that the land that the Council is looking to acquire has been stalled for approximately 10 years but private treaties have so far been unsuccessful. Members noted that private partners would provide the upfront finances and the finances for any further Compulsory Purchase Orders.
1. Approved in ... view the full minutes text for item 99