Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Target Operating Model will support delivery of the Council’s objectives and changes will be conducted in line with the Council’s constitution and HR policies.
1) Approved the organisational and departmental realignment recommended by the Chief Executive/Head of Paid Services as outlined in the report (Appendix B) and the on-going realignment into the new pillars from December 2022.
2) Approved the creation of the two posts, Director of Finance & Transformation and Assistant Chief Executive.
3) Noted that there was no increase in senior leadership posts or overall management costs and that in fact savings will be delivered towards the currently already agreed staff savings.
4) Agreed that as the phases progress, the CE or his nominated lead should commence consultation with the affected staff and Trade Unions.
5) Agreed that any changes to the structures as a result of consultation can be made by the CE, or his nominated lead.
6) Agreed for the implementation of the new structure to led by the CE and dealt with under the agreed process set out in the report, and that delegated authority is given to the CE to undertake a competitive interview process for internal candidates all of whom will have previously been appointed by the appointments panel, and that a recommendation is made to the Appointments Committee for ratification.
Report author: Andrew Blake-Herbert
Publication date: 15/11/2022
Date of decision: 09/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 09/11/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 17/11/2022