Decision Maker: Council, Cabinet
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Adoption of the Havering Local Plan and revocation of previous LDF documents.
1. Noted the content of the Inspector’s Report into the soundness of the Havering Local Plan (refer to annex 1)
2. Endorsed and make the following recommendations to full Council:
That full Council:
(i) Agree to adopt the Local Plan 2016-2031 including:
a. the main modifications to the Submission Local Plan that are set out in the appendix to the Inspector’s report (refer to annex 2)
b. The minor modifications as set out in annex 3.
(ii) Agree to revoke the Council’s current adopted Core Strategy and Development Control Policies Development Plan Document 2008 and the Romford Area Action Plan 2008 (excluding Site Specific Allocations) from the 29th December 2021 (following the statutory six week legal challenge period from Local Plan adoption).
3. Authorised the Assistant Director of Planning to prepare and publish an Adoption Statement and Sustainability Appraisal Report in accordance with S26 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.
4. Authorised the Assistant Director of Planning to make typographical amendments to the plan prior to its publication to improve cross-referencing (e.g. paragraph numbering, page re-numbering) and typographical errors.
5. Authorised the Assistant Director of Planning to prepare and publish an updated Policies Map, reflecting the proposed changes previously consulted on.
6. Revoked the following Supplementary Planning Documents:
i. Sustainable Design and Construction 2009
ii. Shopfront Design 2013
iii. Residential Design 2010
iv. Protection of Trees During Development 2009
v. Protecting and Enhancing the Boroughs Biodiversity 2009
vi. Landscaping 2011
vii. Designing Safer Places 2010
7. Approved the publication of an updated Local Development Scheme (as set out in Annex 4)
8. Approved the publication of an updated Statement of Community Involvement (as set out in Annex 5).
9. Agreed that an All member Briefing would be organised
Report author: Lauren Miller
Publication date: 12/11/2021
Date of decision: 10/11/2021
Decided at meeting: 10/11/2021 - Cabinet