Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet will be asked to approve the proposals for expenditure of the £10M budget allocated for Estate Improvements; the proposed locations and broad scope of works
1. Approved the proposals for the Estates Improvements Programme as set out in Appendix 3 to this report.
2. Authorised officers to commence the tendering process to procure suitable contractors, in accordance with the Council’s Contract Procedure Rules, to deliver the programme.
3. Authorised officers to carry out leaseholder consultation in accordance with Section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 as amended by S151 of the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002.
4. Noted the preference of Members to cap service charges where possible to a maximum level of £250.
5. Delegated decisions on reductions, waivers or caps of service charges, on a scheme by scheme basis to the Director of Housing in consultation with the Lead Member for Housing.
6. Authorised that, in the event that the full programme of works is not delivered during financial year 2019/20, the remaining budget is carried forwards to 2020/21 in order to complete the approved works
7. Authorised the Director of Housing to be responsible for the implementation of the programme in consultation with the Lead Member for Housing.
Report author: Mark Howard
Publication date: 11/07/2019
Date of decision: 09/07/2019
Decided at meeting: 09/07/2019 - Cabinet