Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Agree Budget and Council Tax level for 2021/22
1. Agreed the Council Tax requirement for 2021/22 to be set at £134.980m as set out in paragraph 7.5 and Appendix G of the report;
2. Agreed the Delegated Schools’ draft budget set out in section 5.13 of this report;
3. Agreed a 1.50% increase in Council Tax for 2021/22 as set out in paragraph 7.1;
4. Agreed an additional 3% Adult Social Care Precept as in paragraph 7.1;
5. Noted the Medium Term Financial Strategy position as set out in Section 8
6. Agreed the fees and charges schedule as set out in Section 9 and Appendix C
7. Noted the risks to the 2021/22 budget as set out in Section 10
8. Noted the requirements of S106 of the LGA 1992 Act as set out in Section 1
9. Agreed that to facilitate the usage of un-ringfenced resources, the Chief Financial Officer in consultation with Service Directors will review any such new funds allocated to Havering; make proposals for their use; and obtain approval by the Leader and the Cabinet Member for Finance and Property.
10.Delegated to the Chief Financial Officer in consultation with Service Directors the authority to make any necessary changes to service and the associated budgets relating to any subsequent specific grant funding announcements, where delays may otherwise adversely impact on service delivery and/or budgetary control, subject to consultation with Cabinet Members as appropriate.
11.Delegated authority to the Cabinet Member for Adult Social Services and Health and the Leader to approve an annual spend plan for the Public Health grant.
12.Delegated to the Directors of Children’s and Adults authority to agree inflation rates with social care providers for 2021/22.
13.Read the Equalities Impact Assessment in respect of the CTS Scheme as set out in Appendix E to this report.
14.Read the summary version of the Council Tax Support Scheme for 2021/22 as set out in Appendix F to this report (unchanged from 2020/21).
Cabinet will recommend to Council for consideration and approval:
1. Agree the Council Tax requirement for 2021/22 to be set at £134.980m as set out in paragraph 7.5 and Appendix G of the report;
2. The Delegated Schools’ draft budget set out in section 5.13 of this report;
3. A 1.5% increase in Council Tax for 2021/22 as set out in paragraph 7.1;
4. An additional 3% Adult Social Care Precept as in paragraph 7.1;
5. That it pass a resolution as set out in section 14 of this report to enable Council Tax discounts for early payment to be given at the 2020/21 level of 1.5%.
6. Recommend to Full Council that the Council Tax Support Scheme for 2021/22 is adopted as set out in Section 15 of this report (unchanged from 2020/21).
Publication date: 18/02/2021
Date of decision: 17/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 17/02/2021 - Cabinet