Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet will be asked to:
· Approve the proposed asset rationalisation proposals and release of buildings
· Approve the immediate programme of building works necessary to
reconfigure and remodel accommodation within the Town Hall campus
to support the building consolidation proposals.
· Consider the need for further investment on the Town Hall Campus
based on the options outlined within this report.
· Recommend the allocation of additional capital funding
1. Approved the principle of rationalising the Council’s administrative accommodation, generating revenue savings to support the Council’s Medium Term Financial Strategy, delegating authority to the Director of Asset Management to take such actions necessary to negotiate the re-use of surplus assets.
2. Approved the immediate programme of building works necessary to provide the new Appointment Centre on the lower ground floor of the Town Hall other measures to facilitate the rationalisation of buildings, including the commencement of related procurement processes.
3. Recommended the allocation of additional capital funding in the sum of £1.5m within the Council’s capital programme to fund the immediate investment proposals within this report, subject to endorsement by Full Council.
4. Noted that detailed proposals for the re-use of surplus assets will be the subject of individual business cases to be brought forward subsequently for each building.
Report author: Mark Butler
Publication date: 29/01/2021
Date of decision: 27/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 27/01/2021 - Cabinet