Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet will be asked to approve whether the service should implement and enforce further extension of landlord licensing across the Borough to have additional licensing Borough wide and Selective licensing in Brooklands and Romford Town.
Considered the representations received in response to the consultation on the selective licensing and additional HMO licensing scheme (detailed in Appendix 3 of the report).
1) Agreed to introduce a selective licensing of private rented properties and to designate a selective licensing area of the district of the London Borough of Havering as delineated and shaded pink on the map at Annex A in Appendix 5 which covers 2 wards (Romford Town and Brooklands) in the Borough and to come into force from 25th January 2021 and be of five years duration.
2) Agreed to introduce an additional licensing of houses in multiple occupation (HMO’s) and to designate an additional licensing area of the district of the London Borough of Havering as delineated and shaded pink on the map at Annex A in Appendix 4 which covers Cranham, Emerson Park, Hacton, Hylands, St Andrews and Upminster wards in the Borough and to come into force from 25th January 2021 and be of five years duration.
3) Agreed that the selective licensing scheme shall be cited as the London Borough of Havering Designation for an Area for Selective Licensing No 1, 2020
4) Agreed that the additional HMO licensing scheme shall be cited as the London Borough of Havering Designation for an Area for Additional Licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation No 2, 2020.
5) Agreed that the scheme shall be publicised as required by regulation before enforcement starts and a comprehensive publicity campaign to begin as soon as the schemes are approved.
6) Delegated to the Director of Neighbourhoods in consultation with the Lead Cabinet Member for Public Protection and Safety, the authority to agree minor changes to the proposed implementation and delivery, including administration, fees and conditions where necessary and ensure that all statutory notifications are carried out in the prescribed manner for the licensing designation.
Report author: Councillor Jan Sargent
Publication date: 15/10/2020
Date of decision: 14/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 14/10/2020 - Cabinet