Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cabinet will be asked to approve the contract.
1. Approved of the award of a Healthy Child Programme (HCP) contract to North East London Foundation Trust (NELFT), for the reasons set out within the body of the report. The contract sum to be £23,797,000, for a period of five (5) years plus up to a further two (2) year extension period following a Best Value Review (within the meaning of Part 1 of the Local Government Act 1999) of the HCP service contract, with a start date of 1st April 2020.
2. Approved investment of an additional:
· £289k for year one of the contract
· £578k for year two of the contract
· £867k per annum for the remaining term of the contract
The full uplift will increase the annual value of the contract to £3.462m and thus fund the service at the minimum level necessary to deliver the HCP in full for children aged under 5.
Report author: Mark Ansell
Publication date: 14/11/2019
Date of decision: 13/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 13/11/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/11/2019