Venue: Council Chamber - Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Taiwo Adeoye 01708 433079 Email: email@example.com
DISCLOSURE OF INTERESTS
Members are invited to disclose any interest in any of the items on the agenda at this point of the meeting.
Members may still disclose any interest in an item at any time prior to the consideration of the matter.
There were no disclosures of interest.
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 27 June 2019 and to authorise the Chairman to sign them.
The minutes of the meeting held on 27 June 2019 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
The Committee received a developer presentation from Jonathan Kendall of Fletcher Priest Architects, Paul Eaton Allies & Morrison Architects and Richard Lavington Maccreanor Lavington Architects.
The proposal before Members was to demolish the existing buildings and to erect up to 1070 homes. The proposal also included a 3 form entry primary school with associated nursery, a health hub, a pedestrian/cycle bridge over the River Rom, vehicular access to Waterloo Road, public open space areas, and relocation of the Havering Islamic Cultural Centre, existing businesses and ambulance station.
The main issues raised by Members for further consideration prior to submission of a planning application were:
· Further detail should be provided on the tenure and unit mix
· The Council’s housing needs survey was signposted to the developer, with an invitation that the developer look at that document and explain how the proposal responds to it, or not, as the case may be. In the latter instance, the developer was then asked to explain why not.
· Ensure that suitable provision was made for the London Ambulance Service
· Could all of the proposed uses be accommodated on the site in a way which ensured compatibility
· On the proposed Islamic Cultural Centre, further details were sought on the hours of use, likely capacity, travel patterns of the congregation and whether any noise mitigation measures would be included
· The developer was invited to consider and provide details of how parents/carers and children waiting to go into the school can gather before the school opens in the absence of wider school grounds
· Clarification was sought on the security measures to be employed for the four separate school entrances