Venue: Committee Room 3A - Town Hall. View directions
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meetings of the Joint Committee held on 8 July and 2 September 2015, and to authorise the Chairman to sign them.
Tthe minutes of the meetings of the Joint Committee held on 8 July and 2 September 2015 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
The report before Members detailed an overall oneSource shared outturn position with an overspend of £373k. It was explained that the overspend largely related to delays in implementing restructures partially offset by vacancy management.
Although a number of steps had been taken to reduce costs within Legal Services, a pressure remained due to an additional staffing requirement to meet the demand from customers. Member expressed an interest in understanding the Legal Services business model. It was agreed that a report be submitted to the next meeting of the Joint Committee
Management action was underway throughout oneSource to reduce the forecast overspend, with a full year impact expected in 17/18. It was anticipated that any variance remaining at the year-end would be met from the use of carry forwards and as such would not require additional funding from the partner Councils.
It was also reported that there were no significant overall variances forecast on the non shared budgets for any of the partner boroughs.
The Joint Committee-
1. Noted the oneSource forecast outturn position as at August 2016 and the future plans to bring oneSource back within budget;
2. Noted the transfer of Education Capital, Technical Services and Council Tax and Benefits Services from oneSource shared to non shared.
3. Noted that a report on the Legal Services business model would be submitted for consideration at the next meeting of the Joint Committee.
The report before Members set out the main areas of recent activity across oneSource, with a specific focus on the following areas:
• The Council Tax and Housing Benefits review.
• The strategic direction in relation to 1Oracle.
• An update on customer satisfaction.
• A summary of a recent internal communications survey.
• An update on commercial development.
The Joint Committee noted the report.
Members noted that as part of implementing the shared service and transforming our services, oneSource had undertaken a range of projects to review processes and structures. These projects were now coming to an end with most services re-engineered and a new operating model being implemented.
The report was considered as part of a regular update to the Joint Committee giving details on progress of the projects, how our services were changing and the new operating model.
The Joint Committee noted progress on delivering the required savings from the current transformation projects.