Agenda, decisions and draft minutes

Cabinet
Tuesday, 9th July, 2019 7.30 pm

Venue: Council Chamber - Town Hall. View directions

Contact: Debra Marlow tel: 01708 433091  e-mail:  debra.marlow@onesource.co.uk

Items
No. Item

76.

Disclosures of Interest

Members are invited to disclose any interests in any of the items on the agenda at this point of the meeting. Members may still disclose an interest in an item at any time prior to the consideration of the matter.

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest.

77.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 162 KB

To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on 12th June, 2019 (attached) and to authorise the Chairman to sign them.

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting of Cabinet held on Wednesday 12 June, 2019 were agreed and signed by the Chair as a true and accurate record of the same.

78.

QUARTER 4 CORPORATE PERFORMANCE REPORT pdf icon PDF 251 KB

Report attached.

Additional documents:

Decision:

Cabinet:

 

Noted the performance set out in the Appendix to the report and the corrective action that is being taken.

 

 

 

Minutes:

The Quarter 4 Corporate Performance Report was introduced to Cabinet by Councillor Viddy Persaud and Sandy Hamberger.  This details an overview of the Council’s performance for each of the strategic goals and highlights good performance and potential areas for improvement.  A RAG status for Quarter 4 has been provided for  ...  view the full minutes text for item 78.

79.

LOCAL GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION (LGA) CORPORATE PEER CHALLENGE 2019: APPROVAL OF ACTION PLAN pdf icon PDF 198 KB

Report attached.

Additional documents:

Decision:

 

Cabinet:

 

  • Agreed the Action Plan as set out in the report.
  • Noted that the Senior Leadership Team are collectively the “Lead Officers” for delivery
  • Agreed that Cabinet and the Overview and Scrutiny Board will review progress against the Action Plan on a six monthly basis.

 

Minutes:

The Leader presented the report and Action Plan demonstrating the commitment of the Council to improve and develop services to residents.  The Council must have a very clear and strong communication to boost the Authority and the amazing innovative approaches the Council are taking to develop Havering into a wonderful  ...  view the full minutes text for item 79.

80.

SITE SPECIFIC ALLOCATIONS DEVELOPMENT PLAN DOCUMENT pdf icon PDF 228 KB

Report attached.

Decision:

Cabinet:

 

(1)  Approved the preparation of a new draft Site Specific Allocations DPD for Havering, which will support the Havering Local Plan and replace the Romford Area Action Plan 2008 and Site Specific Allocations 2008 within the Local Development Framework.

 

(2)  Delegated authority to the Assistant-Director of Planning, following consultation with the Lead Member for Planning to finalise and approve the documents to be released for initial community and stakeholder consultation.

 

(3)  Noted that a ‘Preferred Options’ document will be brought back to Cabinet following the initial community and stakeholder consultation.

 

 

Minutes:

The report was presented to cabinet by Councillor Osman Dervish.  The Site Specific Allocations Development Plan (SSADP) will play a crucial role and is outlined in the local plan.  An up to date SSADP is crucial to form part of the Local Development Plan documents for the Borough.  It plays  ...  view the full minutes text for item 80.

81.

LOCAL DEVELOPMENT SCHEME 2019-2021 pdf icon PDF 211 KB

Report attached.

Additional documents:

Decision:

Cabinet:

  1. Approved the adoption of the Local Development Scheme (LDS) which is to have effect from 1st Sept 2019.

 

  1. Delegated authority to the Assistant Director Planning following consultation with the Leader of the Council to make and approve any final changes to the wording and content of the Local Development Scheme, and to publish the Local Development Scheme on the Councils website.

 

  1. Delegated authority to the Assistant Director of Planning following consultation with the Leader of the Council to approve any minor changes to the timelines of the production of documents in Local Development Scheme as required by the process during the period 2019-2021.

 

Minutes:

The report was introduced to Cabinet by Councillor Roger Ramsey.  Local Planning Authorities are required to prepare and maintain a Local Development Scheme (LDS) under s15 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act, 2004, as amended. It provides a formal work programme of the planning documents to be produced.  It  ...  view the full minutes text for item 81.

82.

HAVERING COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE LEVY - ADOPTION pdf icon PDF 289 KB

Report attached.

Additional documents:

Decision:

Cabinet:

 

 Agreed to recommend to Council to:

 

  • Adopt the Havering Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule and the Regulation 123 list (set out in Appendices 2 and 3, respectively)

 

  • Agree that the CIL Charging Schedule will be implemented and effective from September 1 2019; and

 

  • Agree delegated powers to the Director of Neighbourhoods or the Assistant Director of Planning in consultation with the Leader of the Council for future changes to the Regulation 123 list following its review as appropriate

 

Minutes:

The report was presented to Cabinet by Councillor Benham. The Council recognises that the delivery of infrastructure will be the key to successfully realising its planning and regeneration strategies across Havering.  The Havering Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) is a monetary charge which will be placed on new development to secure  ...  view the full minutes text for item 82.

83.

HOUSING ESTATES IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMME pdf icon PDF 247 KB

Report attached.

Additional documents:

Decision:

Cabinet:

 

1. Approved the proposals for the Estates Improvements Programme as set out in Appendix 3 to this report.

 

2. Authorised officers to commence the tendering process to procure suitable contractors, in accordance with the Council’s Contract Procedure Rules, to deliver the programme.

 

3. Authorised officers to carry out leaseholder consultation in accordance with Section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 as amended by S151 of the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002.

 

4. Noted the preference of Members to cap service charges where possible to a maximum level of £250.

 

5. Delegated decisions on reductions, waivers or caps of service charges, on a scheme by scheme basis to the Director of Housing in consultation with the Lead Member for Housing.

 

6. Authorised that, in the event that the full programme of works is not delivered during financial year 2019/20, the remaining budget is carried forwards to 2020/21 in order to complete the approved works

 

7. Authorised the Director of Housing to be responsible for the implementation of the programme in consultation with the Lead Member for Housing.

 

Minutes:

The report was presented to Cabinet by Councillor Joshua Chapman detailing the Housing Estates Improvement Programme.  There is a budget of £10m for the Estates Improvement Programme.  The report sets out the proposals on how that budget may be used, the criteria that may be applied to identify and prioritise  ...  view the full minutes text for item 83.