Decision Maker: Strategic Planning Committee
Decision status: Information Only
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee received a developer presentation from Lexus Planning
· The revised proposed scheme ranged in height from 6 to 12 storeys, and provided 95 residential units, and approximately 373 sq. m of commercial floor space
· The revised scheme proposed 62 private and 33 affordable residential units
· The revised scheme would essentially be car-free, with the provision of 10 flexible use disabled spaces, which could also be utilised for a car club; vehicular access to the site was from The Mews to the east.
· Amenity space for the development would be created through the provision of a communal garden at level 5 of the lower building to the south, as well as private terraces and balconies.
Members raised the following issues:
· Whether comparison to buildings nearby which were outside of the Conservation Area was disingenuous
· What the justification was for the proposed height, why so high?
· Density of scheme. Why so high and dense?
· Consultation with the Church. What consultation had been undertaken? This should include the Civic Society
· The principle of the car club was welcomed
· The developer was invited to engage in the Romford Masterplan process
Publication date: 28/11/2018
Date of decision: 08/11/2018
Decided at meeting: 08/11/2018 - Strategic Planning Committee