Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Cabinet will be asked to:
· Agree the updated MTFS and proposals for balancing the 2018/19 budgets.
· Agree the schedule of savings proposals recommended for progression for implementation in 2019/20 and future years
· Agree financial decisions required as set out in the report to balance the 2019/20 budget
There will also be a separate report to consider and approve changes to the Council Tax Support Scheme for 2019 that may generate an additional estimated income of £597,000 in Council Tax.
· Noted the updated national financial context for local government, in year financial performance and the projected budget gap over the period 2019/20 to 2022/23 as set out in sections 1 and 2 of the report and the period 6 (September 2018) and of year forecast position set out in section 3.
· Noted the assumptions which underpin the forecast.
· Approved savings proposals for 2019/20 of £8.702m as set out in section 4 and Appendices B (£0.770m), C (£3.156m) and D (£4.776m), having considered the consultation feedback set out in Appendices E and F.
· Approved the launch of consultation on the measures included in the Improving Traffic Flows project as set out in Appendix D.
· Approved thegrowth proposal for 2019/20 of £1 million to fund the revenue costs of the £10 million capital investment in the Highways Investment Programme for 2019/20, as set out in section 4, having considered the consultation feedback set out in Appendices E and F.
· Approved the updated 5 year Capital Programme in Section 6 for recommendation onto full Council for agreement in January 2019.
· Noted the timetable and process for developing, reporting and considering the 2019/20 budget and MTFS as set out in section 7.
Report author: Richard Tyler
Publication date: 06/12/2018
Date of decision: 29/11/2018
Decided at meeting: 29/11/2018 - Cabinet